Short Circuit Caused Fire At Annapurna Studios?

14 Nov, 2017 10:46 IST|Sakshi
The fire that broke out at Annapurna Studios in Banjara Hills on Monday evening

Hyderabad: The fire that broke out at Annapurna Studios in Banjara Hills on Monday evening may have been caused by short circuit, opined Akkineni Nagarjuna.

The actor, who rushed to the spot soon as he got the news of fire said: "Short circuit caused by voltage fluctuations may have led to the fire." He said Telangana Government and five fire engines were pressed into service. However, by the time they arrived, thanks to Hyderabad peak hour traffic, the blaze went out of control and destroyed the sets. "I thank the government and the fire department for extending their help. the massive fire scared us but thankfully nobody was hurt which is a blessing," he said.

Two film sets were destroyed in the fire. One an old set of Manam which starred three generations of Akkineni family and another a new set that had been erected to shoot Chiranjeevi's upcoming flick Sye Raa.

More News
Entertainment