World Tourism Day 2021: Tips For Safe Travel in Covid Era
27 Sep, 2021 13:31 IST|Sakshi Post
World Tourism Day 2021: Since 1980, the 27th of September has been designated as World Tourism Day. The day commemorates the approval of the Organization's Statutes in 1970, which paved the path for the World Tourism Organization's formation (UNWTO).
The day is marked to emphasise the social, cultural, political, and economic worth of tourism across the world. Tourism locations have been opening up as a result of the decrease of COVID-19 instances, and travellers are ready to go forth. The pandemic, however, is not over, and it is critical to follow the instructions below to guarantee a safe journey with no unexpected repercussions.
Safety Tips For Travel Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- First and foremost, make a list of places you wish to visit and schedule your visits appropriately. Remember that the key to success, especially in travel, is careful planning.
- The second most crucial thing to do before arranging a vacation is to look into any travel restrictions or significant guidelines that may have been put on the destination. Various areas have different restrictions, ranging from a period of quarantine to two doses of COVID-19 vaccine and negative RT-PCR results.
- Stay at home if you are unwell and have COVID-19 symptoms for the sake of your own and others' safety. In this manner, you can cure yourself and prevent the virus from spreading at the same time.
- To have a safe and enjoyable journey, do your homework about the location you want to visit. Numerous websites give information on vacation destinations, local activities, lodging options, and dining options.
- Make sure you have everything you need, including identification cards, hand sanitiser, disinfection wipes, face masks, and face shields.
- Carry packed food and water with you at all times.
- Follow COVID-19 safety guidelines such as avoiding unnecessary contact with surfaces. If you must touch something, thoroughly sanitise your hands, especially before eating or touching your eyes or nose.
- Throughout the flight, use a disinfectant spray or wipe to sanitise your surroundings, such as your seat, armrest, and so on.
- Avoid human interactions as much as possible by using digital transactions.