Man Electrocuted In Siddipet

2 Jun, 2020 15:40 IST|Sakshi Post

SIDDIPET: In an unfortunate incident, a person was electrocuted to death while he was making arrangements on the occasion of Telangana state formation day at Dhommata Village in Siddipet on Tuesday.

According to reports, the deceased 42-year-old Ashok Vihare, husband of an Anganwadi teacher was electrocuted to death while he was arranging an electric pole. An elderly woman, Kalavva, working as an Anganwadi helper suffered injuries in the accident.

The electric wires running over the flag pole allegedly caused the electrocution, police said.

According to police, Ashok and the elderly woman were making arrangements for the celebration of state formation day in the Anganwadi premises.

When the duo were trying to adjust the flag pole, suddenly, it came to contact with an 11 KV electric cables running over the flag pole. Both suffered an electric shock.

Ashok succumbed to injuries and his body was shifted to a hospital for autopsy while Kalvva was brought to Hyderabad for treatment, the police said.

Meanwhile, Minister for Finance T Harish Rao expressed grief over the tragic incident. He also announced Rs five lakh as ex-gratia to the bereaved family. He also ordered officials to take good care of Kalavva who has been shifted to a private hospital in Hyderabad for better treatment.

Load Comments
Hide Comments
More News