HYDERABAD: A fan manufacturing unit at the Industrial area of Balanagar was gutted after a fire broke out on Thursday.
Residents of the neighbourhood noticed the blaze after thick smoke kept billowing out of the manufacturing unit and alerted the police and fire department.
Four fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the fire and the entire fire-extinguishing operation lasted two hours.
Police suspect that the fire accident could have been caused by a short circuit. Thankfully, no casualties were reported from the incident, they said.
The manufacturing unit is believed to have suffered heavy losses as the machinery and raw material have been damaged. The total extent of damage could however be assessed after a thorough inspection of the manufacturing unit’s damaged area.
In another incident, a minor fire broke out in the canteen on the City Civil Court premises at Purani Haveli in the afternoon. No casualties were reported and a short circuit is suspected to have sparked off the fire. The fire was put out within half-an-hour.