Former Minister Etela Rajender was removed from the State Cabinet on Sunday over allegations of his involvement in encroachment of about 66 acres of land in Medak district. The former minister has said that he would take legal recourse against the alleged conspiracy by the state government against him.
He said that he was willing to resign as an MLA, but will take a final decision after discussing the issue with the people of Huzurabad constituency.
Etela Rajender reiterated his demand for a probe into the land grabbing allegations against him by a sitting judge.
He said that his self respect is more important than his position. He stated, "I will not be cowed down by arrests and cases and ready to face any consequence if found guilty." He further added that he walked the path of statehood movement along with the Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao for 19 years.
Etela Rajender stated that the entire administration ignored existing norms and did not serve him any notice or seek any explanation before finalising the survey and submitting a report to the government. Etela faces allegations over land grabbing in Achampet and Hakimpet villages of Masaipet mandal in Medak district.
Earlier, on May 3, he was dropped from KCR's cabinet. Telangana Governor Dr Tamilisai Soundararajan had taken this decision on the advice of Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao who had earlier ordered an inquiry against Etela Rajender in the land grabbing issue in Medak district.