Who is Sneha Dubey, The IFS Officer Who Took On Pakistan At UN
26 Sep, 2021 09:27 IST|Sakshi Post
Sneha Dubey, India's first Secretary at the United Nations gave a befitting reply to Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan and took on Pakistan in India’s right of reply at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
In the speech, Sneha Dubey said that "Regrettably, this is not the first time the leader of Pakistan has misused platforms provided by the UN to propagate false and malicious propaganda against my country, and seeking in vain to divert the world’s attention from the sad state of his country where terrorists enjoy free pass while the lives of ordinary people, especially those belonging to the minority communities, are turned upside down.”
Know About Sneha Dubey?
- Sneha Dubey, a 2012 batch IFS officer cleared UPSC in her first attempt. She wanted to become an IFS offcier from a very young age.
- Sneha Dubey's mother is a teacher whereas her father is an employee at an MNC.
- She completed her schooling in Goa and obtained a bachelor’s degree from the Fergusson College in Pune. She did her post-graduation in Geography and an M.Phil. from the School of International Studies at the Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- After becoming an IFS officer, she got appointed to the Ministry of External Affairs and she also served as the third secretary at the Embassy for India in Madrid.
- Sneha is currently India’s first secretary at the United Nations.