Following Karnataka, the Tamil Nadu government has extended the ongoing lockdown until June 14 after it helped bring down COVID-19 cases in the state. While the number of cases in northern districts, including the capital city of Chennai, is gradually decreasing, the number of cases in western and southern districts is increasing daily.
From 6 a.m. on Monday, June 7th, the state ordered the following relaxation. The new set of guidelines has been issued by considering 11 Hot spot districts and the rest of Tamil Nadu. Except for 11 Covid Hot spot districts (Coimbatore, Nilgiris, Tiruppur, Erode, Salem, Karur, Namakkal, Thanjavur, Tiruvarur, Nagapattinam, and Mayiladuthurai), relaxation applies to all districts.
Check Out The New Guidelines:
1. From 6 a.m. to 5 p.m., stand-alone shops selling groceries, vegetables, fish, and meat can be opened.
2. Vendors selling fruits, vegetables, and flowers on the sidewalk can operate from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
3. Vehicle service centres can function from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
4. After E-Registration, passengers are permitted to travel in rental vehicles, taxis, and automobiles.
5. In a Taxi, the driver and three passengers; in an Auto, the driver and two passengers.
6. From 6 a.m. to 5 p.m., hardware stores can be open
7. Educational bookstores and stationery stores can open from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m
8. With E-Registration, private security companies and housekeeping services in large housing complexes will be permitted.
9. With E-Registration, electricians, plumbers, computers, and other technicians will be able to work between the hours of 6 a.m. and 5 p.m.
10. Electrical goods, bulbs, cables, switches, and wires stores are open from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m
11. The Matchstick industry can function with 50 percent staff.
1. For emergency travel to the Nilgiris, Kodaikanal, Yercaud, and Yelagiri, an E-pass from the District Collector is required.
2. Export firms in Coimbatore, Tiruppur, Salem, Karur, Erode, Namakkal, and Trichy, as well as their suppliers, can operate with 10% staff to send samples if they have export orders.