Tamil Nadu Lockdown Extended: Check New Guidelines, Curfew Relaxation Rules
12 Jun, 2021 11:23 IST|Sakshi Post
The Tamil Nadu government has extended the lockdown by another week till June 21. The Tamil Nadu government has also modified the relaxations further in 27 districts where the caseload is declining. The government has decided to implement the new relaxations from June 14.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin made an announcement that the relaxations are not applicable to Coimbatore, the Nilgiris, Tirupur, Erode, Salem, Karur, Namakkal, Thanjavur, Tiruvarur, Nagapattinam and Mayiladuthurai, where Covid-19 cases are still not under control.
The additional relaxations extended to 27 districts are:
- Tasmac liquor outlets are allowed to operate from 10 AM and 5 PM.
- Export units and vendor units can continue with 50 per cent workforce Remaining industries will also be allowed with 33 per cent workforce.
- IT/ITES have been directed to work with only 20% workforce or with a maximum of 10 employees.
- Housing finance companies, non-banking financial companies and all insurance corporations are allowed with 33 per cent workforce.
- Beauty parlours, salons and spas will be permitted to function without air-conditioning with only 50% customers at a time between 6 AM and 5 PM.
- Government parks and those under the jurisdiction of the local bodies and playgrounds will be opened for the public to walk between 6 AM and 9 AM.
- Agriculture machinery and pump set repair shops will be allowed between 9 AM and 5 PM. Pottery and handicraft shops will be allowed between 6 AM and 5 PM.
All shops should function with no air-conditioning and not let in many people to maintain social distancing norms. Marks should be drawn for people to maintain physical distance when they queue up before the shops.