Rajasthan Government Imposed 14-day Lockdown: Check New Covid Rules
7 May, 2021 13:46 IST|Sakshi Post
The government of Rajasthan has decided to impose a strict lockdown from May 10 to contain the spread of Covid-19 positive cases. Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot announced that the lockdown will start at 5 am on May 10 and will end at 5 am on May 24 after a virtual meeting with the state health officials.
The government decided on the two-week lockdown due to the prevailing pandemic situation. It thought that strict rules are to be imposed to break the chain of transmission.
Also Read: Now, Priests Work From Home Performing Virtual Pujas
Here are the key decisions of the Rajasthan government:
- Ban on organising any wedding/ wedding-related event till May 31.
- Court marriages are permitted and weddings organised at home are allowed but the number was restricted to 11. No permission will be given to employing DJ, sound system, catering service etc. for these weddings.
- Marriage event owners will either have to return the advance amount to the customers or mutually agree to arrange the wedding at a later date.
- All MGNREGA-related works in rural areas will remain suspended till further orders.
- All private and public vehicle except emergency services will not be permitted on road.
- Inter and intra-state movement of goods and commodities and emergency services will only be permitted.
- Any person visiting the state from any other state will have to produce a negative RT-PCR report that is not older than 72 hours. Otherwise, he/she has to be in quarantine for 15 days.
- To prevent migrant workers from returning to their native states, all industrial and construction activities will be permitted during the lockdown.
- Shops dealing in construction-related products and services will be allowed to operate.
Several other states have taken similar measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus as cases are increasing in the ongoing second wave.