Who is Afghanistan Sirajuddin Haqqani Who's On FBI Most Wanted List?
10 Sep, 2021 10:13 IST|Sakshi Post
FBI Most Wanted List: Sirajuddin Haqqani, a long-time terror suspect with a $10 million reward on his head, has been named the interim Taliban government in Afghanistan's new Interior Minister.
During the 20-year battle with the West, he and his group, the Haqqani Network, have been accused of carrying out some of the worst assaults.
Afghanistan's Sirajuddin Haqqani - In Brief
- According to the FBI, Haqqani was born in the 1970s.
- Jalaluddin Haqqani established the Haqqani Network.
- The FBI's most-wanted list includes Haqqani.
- The Haqqani Network is suspected of being behind many fatal strikes.
- The Taliban and the Haqqani Network are considered separate organisations' by the US.
- The Taliban names the first members of its interim government.
- Afghanistan's new interim Prime Minister is Mullah Mohammad Hassan Akhund.
- His deputy is Abdul Ghani Baradar.
- In addition, the interim Defense Minister will be Mullah Yaqoob, the son of slain Taliban co-founder Mullah Omar.