Try Chef Sanjyot Keer's Churma Laddoo Recipe This Ganesh Chaturthi
8 Sep, 2021 13:18 IST|Sakshi Post
Ganesh Chaturthi is round the corner and if you are one of those frantically look for some sweet recipes for festive bhog, here we are with Chef Sanjyot Keer's special recipe of Churma Laddoo, a favourite of Lord Ganesh.
Churma laddoo Preparation Time
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
Serves: 12-14 medium size laddoos
Churma Laddoo Ingredients List
• Karkara atta 500 grams/3&1/4th cup
• Ghee ½ cup
• Luke warm water 3/4th cup
• Ghee 300 gm/ 1+1/3rd cup (for shallow frying)
• Jaiphal 1/4th (grated)
• Gud 250 gm/1+1/2 cup
• Poppy seeds to coat
How to Make Churma Laddoo Recipe
- Add karkara atta and ghee in a mixing bowl & rub it well, make sure the flour sticks well & when pressed with hands it should form a shape.
- Once the ghee & atta is combined well, gradually add Luke warm water and knead to make a stiff dough.
- As the dough quantity is little more and you have to knead a stiff dough, it becomes little difficult to knead, so you can divide the dough in equal portions, and knead in batches, this makes the work much easier. Make sure to knead the dough for good 2-3 minutes.
- After kneading cover the dough with a damp cloth & rest for 15 minutes.
- After the rest, equally divide the dough in small portions, press and shape it randomly like a stick. Try not to make a thick stick or else it may remain raw from inside.
- Set a wok or a pan on low flame, add the ghee and allow to heat moderately to shallow fry these sticks, once moderately heated, shallow fry these sticks on low heat until they turn crisp & golden brown in colour, fry them from all side by turning them carefully, if you have a thermometer, please use it and make sure to fry them keeping the temperature around 140.
- Once fried, remove and allow to cool down completely, further crush with hands and transfer in a mixer grinder, use pulse mode and grind until coarse in texture. Grind in small batches if possible. Further pass it through a sieve, make sure to use a little bigger size hole sieve.
- Grate 1/4th of whole jaiphal and mix it well with the grinded churma.
- Use the same ghee used for frying the churma and heat it until its moderately hot, add gud & cook until the jaggery melts completely, make sure not to overcook them or else they’ll harden as cooled down. Sprinkle a dash of water and mix once.
- Add the melted jaggery & ghee to the powdered churma mixture & mix well.
- Take sufficient amount of filling & shape them in laddoo, make sure do not press it hard while shaping or else the ghee may oose out. You can choose to shape the size of the laddoo as per your preference, once shaped, lightly coat the laddoo with poppy seeds.
- Choorma laddoos are ready, you can store them in an airtight container and keep it stays good for coupe of days.