Girl's Arm Severed Due To Electric Shock In Kadapa

5 Apr, 2021 10:59 IST|Sakshi Post

In a tragic incident that occurred on Saturday night, two people were seriously injured and a girl’s hand was severed due to electric shock, at Akkayyapalle in YSR Kadapa district. As per police reports, a couple named Farida and Syed Arifulla have three daughters. While Syed is working in Kuwait, Farida stays with their three daughters in Akkayapalle.

Everyday, the family would bring down garbage, vegetable waste and other items in a plastic bucket with the help of a rope. The eldest daughter Aisha (13), tied an old current wire to the bucket and lowered it down to throw the garbage on Saturday night. As she lowered the bucket, it fell on the 11 KV power lines near the house. Current passed through the steel part of the bucket that she was holding and Aisha was electrocuted to an extent that it cut off her arm. Meanwhile, her mother Farida was also seriously injured during her attempt to rescue the daughter.

Locals immediately rushed to the spot and stopped the power supply. The injured mother and daughter were immediately rushed to RIMS Hospital in Kadapa. Police have registered a case and are investigating the matter.

Related Tweets
Load Comments
Hide Comments
More News
Entertainment