AP Permits Jewellery, Textile Stores To Re-Open
27 May, 2020 14:26 IST|Sakshi Post
AMARAVATI: All the activities and commercial complexes were closed in Andhra Pradesh due to coronavirus pandemic and lockdown imposed by the central government to curb the disease.
However, allowing some relaxations to kick-start its economy, the Andhra Pradesh government has permitted textile and jewellery stores to resume business from Tuesday in all areas except the containment zones. Issuing guidelines to this effect, the state government has also allowed the reopening of street food stalls.
Here are the guidelines for textile and jewellery stores:
- Shopkeepers should encourage their customers to go for e-commerce, online shopping.
- Buyers must register themselves before entering the showrooms.
- Thermal scanning, hand sanitizing should be made mandatory before entering the shop.
- People having body temperature higher than 99 degrees Fahrenheit, those with coronavirus symptoms and those without masks should not be allowed to enter the shop.
- Staff with coronavirus symptoms or virus suspects should not be on duty. Sanitizers should be placed at the entrance and exit gates at each counter.
- Trial rooms should not be allowed.
- Employees working in shops / showrooms must wear gloves and masks.
- Disinfection of footwear should be installed at the gates of large stores/showrooms.
- Toilets should be sanitized from time to time and make sure they have enough soaps and napkins.
- Six feet of physical distance between buyers in shops and showrooms must be followed. Markings should be made for that.
- Shop owners should promote digital payments as much as possible.
- Shopkeepers should give gloves to buyers at their stores. People should be allowed to inspect jewelry only if they wear gloves.
Guidelines issued for street food stalls:
- Food sellers should not allow their customers to sit and eat.
- Food vendors must wear masks and gloves. Food items should not be sold to buyers who do not wear them.
- Only those who have proper license from the municipality will be allowed to sell.
- The shop vendor should keep the soap / sanitizer and towel at his disposal.
- Social distancing must be followed strictly with not more than 5 persons at a time at the stall.