We will make a better city than Hyderabad in Seemandhra: YS Jagan
25 Mar, 2014 19:48 IST|Sakshi
YSRCP chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy addressed a massive gathering at the party’s election campaign ‘Jana Patham’ in Narsipatnam on Tuesday evening.
Excerpts from his speech
- In the coming 40 days, elections for Municipal, ZPTC, MPTC will be conducted. After that, the decision making elections for MP and MLA’s will be conducted. When we vote during these elections, we should think of a better future.
- Five years after YSR death, Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy is still remembered by the people as his welfare schemes have percolated deep into the hearts of the people as he believed in value-based politics and was synonymous to credibility
- Did Chandrababu ever go to poor students? Does he know the difficulties that poor students face?
- I still remember how people suffered in Chandrababu's regime. So many people even mortgaged their homes.
- When I asked students about what they are studying, they said Engineering and when I said it is costly and how are you going to pay for it, then they said that this time they are going to get their land sold and later, they will get their house sold.
- We have seen what Chandrababu Babu Naidu has done during his nine year term.
- Chandrababu ridiculed the plight of farmers by saying that farmers committed suicides being unable to digest what they had eaten.
- Chandrababu Naidu has no credibility as he never kept the poll promises of Rs 2-kg rice
- YSR was responsible for poor people getting the treatment of a corporate hospital.
- Do you know how much loans the farmers took?
- It was Chandrababu who had introduced the beltshops in each and every village in the state.
- Sincerity never appeared in the rule of Chandrababu.
- Chandrababu put the farmers in jail over power bills. But, he is now saying that he will implement loan waiver scheme for farmers.
- How can we trust Chandrababu who did not hesitate to back-stab his own father-in-law?
- It is pathetic that Chandrababu is coming with all free promises for the elections.
- I cannot give false promises like Chandrababu Naidu. I am younger to him by 25 years and I stand by my words.
- Now Babu claims that he will give a job to each and every house. When the state has 20 lakh employees, how can Chandrababu give employment to 3 crore people?
- The five signatures I will stamp immediately after coming to power would change the course of the state
- My first signature will be on the Amma Vadi scheme where in Rs 1,000 would be directly deposited to the mother’s bank account monthly for the education of her two children
- The second signature will be on the file to increase the old age pension to Rs 700 per month
- A Market Stabilisation Fund would be set up to provide cushion and provide MSP to farmers and the fourth signature would waiving interest on DWACR loans.
- I promise that I will construct more number of houses at the rate of 10 Lakh houses per year
- Any form of card will be issued in your village itself. They will be issued within 24 hours in your village itself. A special centre will be arranged in your village for the same.
- We can form better city than Hyderabad in Seemandhra region itself. About 20 super specialty hospitals will be established there so that the people in every district will have access to them
- I will convert the state into a power problem free state and there will be no power problems for farmers in Seemandhra.
- From Kuppam to Srikakulam, we will get universities and airports in every district.
- In the coming Municipal, ZPTC, MPTC elections, vote for fan symbol and make YSRCP members win the elections.
- Jagan announced Ganesh (Purijagannadh's brother) from Narsipatnam