Food Poisoning?: 34 tribal students hospitalised

6 Mar, 2015 15:05 IST|Sakshi
Food Poisoning?: 34 tribal students hospitalised

At least 34 tribal students were hospitalised for suspected food poisoning in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh after consuming a meal at their hostel.

The students were admitted to the government general hospital in Rajahmundry on Thursday night after they began vomiting and complained of stomach pain following the mid-day meal at the government run tribal welfare hostel at Potavaram village. The victims have been kept in the Intensive Care Unit and will be under observation for 48 hours. Their condition is stable now.
District Collector H Arunkumar, who visited the students at the hospital, has ordered an inquiry into the incident. Students suspect that the eggs given to them in the meal were stale.
The hostel is located in a remote area of Devipatnam mandalam, 100-km away from Rajahmundhry. The students were taken to hospital by the '108' ambulance with the help of tribal officers after the hostel warden informed them.

More News
Entertainment