A major fire occurred at a shop near Osmania college in Koti. About 15 shops were destroyed after the blaze spread.
According to reports, some shops selling footwear, books and cotton were partially gutted in the fire mishap. Police say that the fire was caused by short circuit.
Seven to eight fire tenders have reached the spot and are still attempting to douse fire and prevent it from spreading, police said.
The residents are hoping that fire doesn't spread to the shopping malls and hospital in the vicinity.