Dreams of becoming a reality TV star made a 19-year-old Old City lad to set himself ablaze. Mohammed Jalaluddin, the boy from Falaknuma, died as the fire breathing stunt, which involved taking off his shirt after it is on fire, went horribly wrong.
The boy, a student of Intermediate, was inspired by reality shows and wanted to shoot the fire stunt. He even got five of his friends to shoot the daring stunt. He took the friends to Jahanuma on Thursday, poured kerosene on his T shirt. His plan was to take off the burning short. But, fire engulfed the boy and he couldn't take off the shirt as planned. He became breathless and collapsed on the spot.
As Jalaluddin screamed, his friends panicked and fled the spot. Onlookers, who saw the incident, rushed to the spot and put out the fire. Jalaluddin received 60 per cent burnsHe was rushed to the Osmania General Hospital, where he succumbed on Sunday.
The youth was inspired by reality shows and wanted to participate in them by performing something adventurous.
Significantly, several persons dissuaded the boy from performing the stunt. So, he went far from the habitations and climbed atop a hillock to shoot the stunt. He did not inform his parents of the stunts. Even in the videos, someone is seen pleading with him not to perform the dangerous stunt.
In May 2015, Mohammed Nabeel (17) died when he participated in a street-side wrestling match in Old City, imitating WWE.